Join our team at Big Brothers Big Sisters
GROW YOUR CAREER AT BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS
We’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of mentoring to change the life of a child for the better, forever. We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Please send resume, cover letters and other required application materials as stated in the job description to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted shortly.
There are currently no open positions at this time.
JOB TITLE: Site-Based Program Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Site-Based Programs (High School Bigs)
REPORTS TO: Education & Career Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full-Time, Hourly
OUR MISSION: Our Mission is to help children reach their potential through professionally supported, one to one mentoring relationships that have measurable impact. Our Vision is successful mentoring relationships for all children who need and want them contributing to brighter futures, better schools, and stronger communities, changing the lives of children for the better, forever.
JOB SUMMARY: The Site Based Specialist is responsible for facilitating sessions, conducting match support and providing overall support of site based matches to ensure child safety and long-term caring relationships between matches while focusing on positive outcomes for youth.
• Facilitate and supervise site sessions, ensuring positive match development and safety of both mentors and mentees.
• Work with the Site Based Program Manager to build positive relationships with school partners to attract and retain qualified mentors and mentees.
• Work effectively with partner schools to schedule and plan weekly sessions and meetings when appropriate.
• Responsible for the cultivation, stewardship and ultimate retention of assigned school partners, mentors, and mentees.
• Provide a high level of professionalism in presentation and communication when conducting all program related operations with school partners and program liaisons.
• Support with any enrollment functions through recruitments, interviews, and assessments of any potential mentors and mentees.
• Provide timely and comprehensive written assessments and recommendations for participation in the program.
• Conduct volunteer orientations and training.
• Identify suitable potential matches and provide ongoing support to achieve length of match, closure and outcome evaluation goals.
• Conduct bi-monthly and quarterly match support contacts that are accomplished through in-person, email or telephone contact.
• Maintain accurate file documentation for each match according to BBBSA standards and agency policies.
• Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
• Effectively use active and attentive listening to confirm understanding; coach matches through the use of reflective questioning; personalize communication content and delivery to fit different perspectives, backgrounds or styles of audience; document information about matches clearly and concisely in order to keep records accurate and up to date.
• Contribute to the development of site curriculum.
• Provide accurate and timely program statistics.
• Effectively communicate with marketing and/or grants teams on press worthy activities, volunteer highlights and program successes to enhance visibility of the program and within the community.
• Complete appropriate trainings as directed by supervisor and attend agency staff and departmental meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Fluent in Spanish required
• Experience with at-risk/high-risk youth (volunteer and/or paid) preferred
• Familiar with Windows XP software applications
• High level of customer service with significant experience working with external stakeholders/clients (specifically schools with the ability to build strong relationships for greater agency initiatives of stewardship)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone
• Excellent public speaking skills with ability to engage a variety of audiences (including both high school volunteers and elementary aged youth).
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently in fast paced environment with heavy workload while exercising good judgment, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Maintains confidentiality throughout daily operations.
• Must have access to a reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first- hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and service; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect; ensures customers feel they have been listened to; establishes credibility quickly.
Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; practices active listening; builds constructive and effective relationships; deals effectively with diversity; uses diplomacy and tact; capable of diffusing difficult situations comfortably; manages frustration appropriately; is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease.
Is actively able to process information, listen to understand, and listen to learn; to listen and meet the needs of internal and external customers; handles and utilizes feedback effectively; listens with depth and thoughtfulness.
Foster Teamwork and Collaboration
Is successful in working with a team; fosters teamwork and participating in group activities; collaborating with others effectively and efficiently; establishes and maintains teamwork building activities; builds trust, respect, and rapport with the team; is an active player in Agency culture.
Conflict Resolution Skills (Internal & External)
Manage and resolves conflict in a healthy positive way; mediates conflicts with nonverbal communication skills, professionalism, focusing on the bigger picture and prioritizing and strengthening relationships; being respectful of others and their viewpoints; encouraging others to share their issues, clarify, restate, and validate any concerns and strategically resolve them.
Can marshal resources to get things done; orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and follows established process.
Can be counted on to meet goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; steadfastly pushes self and others for results; sets clear objectives and measures process and progress
Promotes Vision and Mission
Creates and communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; sees beyond today; sees possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally behind the vision; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations
The environmental conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Routine office environment.
• Frequent independent travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Job Description may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.
Your employment with BBBSOCIE is “at will,” meaning that either you or BBBSOCIE may end your employment at any time and with or without cause.