GROW YOUR CAREER AT BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS
We’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of mentoring to change the life of a child for the better, forever. We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Please send resume, cover letters and other required application materials as stated in the job description to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted shortly.
If you are asked to come in for an interview, please complete this job application in advance and bring it in-person to the Big Brothers Big Sisters office at the time of your interview—do NOT submit the application via email. Big Brothers Big Sisters is not responsible for sensitive material in this application if it is sent via email (including but not limited to social security numbers and contact information).
JOB TITLE: Retention & Engagement Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Fund Development
REPORTS TO: Recruitment and Engagement Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, may include weekends
• Collaborate with the Match Support Specialist team to build trust and support within the team dynamic and assist with volunteer-to-agency engagement
• Engage and educate Match Support Specialist team on upcoming Match Events, event logistics, and retention initiatives and strategy
• Create, manage, and steward new opportunities and monthly engagement events for Matches – 10 per year
• Manage and execute agency Signature Events – 3 per year
• Manage and execute event logistics including budget, RSVPs, relationship building, sponsors and GIK donors, set up, staffing, and supplies
• Secure community partnerships for Big and Match perks
• Find and track events and community partner opportunities for Bigs to attend without staff representation (meetups, tickets, classes, etc.)
• Oversee and execute a volunteer retention strategy including “Bigs Only” chats and events, welcome swag bags, exit surveys, milestone and anniversary gifts, etc.
• Secure and follow up with potential donors, vendors, and community partnerships
• Collaborate with Destination Future to build robust offering for Matches of all ages and interests including college tours and career exploration opportunities
• Collaborate with Fund Development to identify Match Events relevant to funding sources
• Collaborate with Fund Development department to provide a pipeline of volunteers for FD opportunities including but not limited to Lunch & Learns, individual and corporate giving, and Bowl for Kids’ Sake
• Attend and assist with agency fundraisers and Bowl for Kids Sake activities by identifying potential participants, event-planning duties, and day-of facilitation and execution
• Partner with the Recruitment & Engagement Coordinator to identify ways to be more integrated in the volunteer engagement and retention process
• Ensure that all confidential data is used appropriately
• Assist with other duties as are deemed appropriate and assigned by the Recruitment & Engagement Manager
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred (not required) – both oral & written
• Proficiency in Google G Suite and Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Able to work independently exercising good judgment, decision making and problem solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in person and telephone
• Able to multi-task and succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Able to relate well in multicultural environments
• Able to effectively collaborate with peers
• Able to use time effectively and focus on details
• Able to maintain boundaries with volunteers
• Access to a reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance – may include driving
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Maintains confidentiality throughout daily operations
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and service; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect; ensures customers feel they have been listened to; establishes credibility quickly.
Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; practices active listening; builds constructive and effective relationships; deals effectively with diversity; uses diplomacy and tact; capable of diffusing difficult situations comfortably; manages frustration appropriately; is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease.
Can marshal resources to get things done; orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and follows established process.
Is motivated by results; can be counted on to meet and exceed goals successfully; bottom-lined oriented; pushes self for results; sets clear objectives and measures, monitors process and progress; brings forward innovative practices and suggestions for improvements.
Promotes Vision and Mission
Effectively promotes the agency mission and vision, internally, as well as with the broader community.
The environmental conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Routine office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Job Description may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.
Your employment with BBBSOC/IE will be “at will,” meaning that either you or BBBSOC/IE may end your employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause.