We believe that all children should have the opportunity to succeed in life and live up to their full potential.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Empire opened its doors in 2013 with the help of the Orange County agency, recognizing the mentoring void in the region. Serving more than 600 children each year in the metro regions of Riverside and San Bernardino counties, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Empire has quality mentoring models that are changing lives of children in the region.
Graduate from High School
Enroll in College
More Likely to Obtain a Bachelors Degree
of Littles have been exposed to abuse, violence or neglect
of Littles parents did not begin high school
of Littles have had an incarcerated parent
of Littles come from single-parent households
Children from single-parent households make up…
Teen girls from single parent households are 30% more likely to become pregnant
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Executive & Governing Board
Todd Pickup – Board Chair
Navin Narang – Vice Chair
Cary Hyden – Secretary
Erin Boyl – Treasurer
Dr. Jacqueline Gustafson
Robert “Bob” Gedeon
Robert “Bob” Tyler
Lunch and Learn
Can our staff come in and present about being a Big? We are happy to come into your team meeting for as little as 15 minutes to educate your employees on the rewards of being a mentor to one of the children on our waitlist.
Does your company have products or tickets you can donate for our auction or for our kids? Contact us to see if you have something we need!
This site-based program matches a local corporation with a school in our community. Employee “Bigs” are matched, one-to-one with a student from the partner school and the matches meet in a group setting once a month at the partner corporation. Learn More →
Casual for a Cause
Have a casual day in your workplace to raise funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Encourage employees to “dress down” or wear jeans to work in exchange for a small donation.
Would you like to coordinate a golf tournament, run or shopping experience or other event with the proceeds benefitting Big Brothers Big Sisters? We have a team dedicated to assisting you with event logistics, payment collection, social media, marketing and invitations.
For more information on partnering with Big Brothers Big Sisters, please contact Jennifer O’Farrell (email@example.com) at 909.763.5959.
Ahern Adcock Devlin, LLC
Altura Credit Union
Beacon Pointe Wealth Advisors
Best Best & Krieger
BJs Brewery and Restaurant
Chuck E. Cheese
Dionysus (Wine Dash)
Holstrom Block & Parke
Jack in the Box
JWB Tax and Financials
Mathis Brothers Furniture
The Salted Pig
Windermere Tower Realty
A.Gary Anderson Family Foundation
Albert B. Cutter Memorial Fund
Arrowhead United Way
City of Rialto
City of Riverside
County of Riverside
County of Riverside, Board of Supervisors
Fontana Hope Foundation
Grace Helen Spearman Foundation
Inland Empire United Way
Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Fontana
LeVecke Family Foundation
Majestic Realty Foundation
Molino Health Care
Riverside Rotary Foundation
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
The Community Foundation, Community Impact Fund
The Community Foundation, Stebler Fund
The Community Foundation, Youth Grantmakers Fund
United Way Corona Norco
United Way Inland Valleys
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of role models to change the life of a child for the better, forever.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Job applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Site Based Enrollment and Recruitment Specialist
JOB TITLE: Site Based Enrollment and Recruitment Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Site Based Programs
REPORTS TO: Site Based Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Our Mission: Our Mission is to help children reach their potential through professionally supported, one to one mentoring relationships that have a measurable impact. Our Vision is successful mentoring relationships for all children who need and want them contributing to brighter futures, better schools, and stronger communities.
JOB SUMMARY: Essential to the BBBS brand, the purpose of this position is to ensure department-wide match growth and quality through the leadership of services and delivery. A high-level customer service, focusing on volunteer options and child safety, is to be demonstrated throughout the match process.
This position cultivates prospective new volunteers for High Schools Bigs and Adult Site-Based program (Work Place Mentoring, etc). Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring all program launch timelines are met, all volunteers are efficiently screened and matched to ensure the best possible outcome. This position is indirectly responsible for the overall satisfaction of our school partners and manages the recruitment of youth volunteers, adult volunteers, and youth mentees. This position is also responsible for communicating the vision of BBBSIE in addition to the department goals, outcomes, and processes to outside constituencies. A successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in volunteer yield, processing time and match satisfaction.
- Assess volunteer “fit” for BBBSIE
- Conduct volunteer recruitment, enrollment including orientations and interviews and completion of any other activity required for the enrollment process for the High School Big Program and well as our Adult Site-Based Programs.
- Ensure a high level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Review and follow-up on references as necessary to gain additional data to complete the assessment process.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Assess and apply factors contributing to a successful match. Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of the agency.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer.
- Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- High degree of collaboration with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
- Understanding of rematch process
- Applied understanding of all program policies
- Conflict resolution skills (internal and external conflicts)
- Assist matching of volunteer to youth mentee
- Identify and eliminate barriers to the enrollment process
- Review enrollment queue and conduct informational sessions as necessary to yield increased volunteer interest
- Identify new potential partners for volunteers
- High degree of collaboration with Program Specialists
- Facilitate match acceptance and initial meetings as necessary
- Cultivate long-term and sustaining relationships with volunteer-rich organizations ( i.e., schools, Work Place Mentoring Sites, etc.)
- Track and evaluate recruitment and outreach efforts. Provide weekly progress reports of enrollment activity.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Bilingual written and oral preferred; Spanish
- Experience in Account Management or Enrollment, or combination of education and work experience supportive of the Enrollment Specialist tasks
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet application is required; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- High level of customer service
- Must have access to a reliable automobile; valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person, via the telephone; and high-level interviewing skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Required Skills and Abilities
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and service; speaks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect; ensures customers feel they have been listened to; quickly establishes credibility.
Relates well to diverse groups of people; builds appropriate rapport; practices active listening; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; capable of diffusing difficult situations comfortably; manages frustration appropriately; is approachable and easy to communicate with; spends the extra effort to put others at ease.
Can marshal resources to get things done; orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and follows established processes.
Can be counted on to meet goals successfully; is consistently one of the top performers; steadfastly pushes self and others for results; sets clear objectives and measures process and progress.
Promotes Vision and Mission
Effectively promotes the agency’s mission and vision both internally and with the broader community.
Has the ability to bring forward creative ideas and suggestions; always looking for better/more efficient ways to improve process and systems; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate and participate in effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace; excels in bringing the creative ideas of others to market.
Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to complete; follows through on projects through completion regardless of resistance or setbacks.
Managing Vision and Purpose:
Creates and communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; sees beyond today; sees possibilities; is optimistic;makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
Ability to Prioritize:
Spends his/her time on what’s important; identifies and acts on critical issues; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates or navigates around roadblocks, creates focus.
The environmental conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Routine office environment.
Frequent independent travel to program sites and recruitment opportunities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Job Description may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.
Your employment with BBBSIE is “at will,” meaning that either you or BBBSIE may end your employment at any time and with or without cause.
If you are asked to come in for an interview, please complete this job application in advance and bring it in-person to the Big Brothers Big Sisters office at the time of your interview—do NOT submit the application via email. Big Brothers Big Sisters is not responsible for sensitive material in this application if it is sent via email (including but not limited to social security numbers and contact information).
It’s your money that keeps us going and enables us to start more kids on the right path. So you have every right to know how it is used. Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Empire is satellite office of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County, a 501c3 (tax exempt) organization.